Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Terrified

Jesus.
I thought I was totally okay with this. I was confident. I was convinced that it would be great no matter what.
Now I'm scared. I'm terrified, Jesus, and it isn't even certain yet.
You know my heart. You know I'm willing to whatever it takes to follow you and I'm willing to go wherever and do whatever.
But just know that if that's what you're calling me to, then I'm terrified.
I won't lie.
I'm scared to death.
But I know that you can do immeasureably more with this than I could ever imagine.
And I don't want to be scared of the unknown or what might be.
Jesus, I need you to help the part of me that doesn't believe that it will be okay.
You know me. You know that I don't do gray areas. I'm very "black and white". Jesus, I need you to speak clear truth into what you're calling me toward.
Because I will drop everything for whatever it is. You know that. No matter how scared I am, I will do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment