Monday, January 14, 2013

Dare to say YES.

I really should be studying right now. This seems to happen a lot where I start to study and then Jesus just captures my heart and I can't do anything but speak about it.
But lately, Jesus has really been invading my heart in a big way. I see the way He's been moving in my life in the past 3 years and how He's been tying that together for my good.
All of those times I thought my life sucked and I wasn't sure how I was going to get through it, I see now that He ultimately had a bigger plan.
For the past two years, He gave me the opportunity to work with someone I loved, doing something I loved. Now, He has gifted me the chance to do it permanantly. Two years ago, I thought I was just doing something I enjoyed. Today, I see that He was preparing my heart to take on that responsibility completely.
I see that He has been strengthening my spiritual muscles constantly. Three years ago, He let me go through something where I just wanted to give up. I thought I would never be the same from it. But I started to get better and come out stronger on the other side. About three weeks ago, I headed down that same path again, but He caught me before I fell again. I cried out to Him once more, asking why this kind of thing keeps happening to me. And He answered clearly that these situations He alowed me to walk through were ultimately preparing me for this other responsibility that I loved so dearly. He was preparing me to do work for His kingdom. So that I can speak truth and life into other people that start to struggle with the same things I did.
Sometimes I don't understand how our God can possibly work our lives out so wonderfully and have them connect so evenly. But then things like this happen and I see it all laid out and I'm amazed by His faithfulness. I'm amazed by his grace and his love and his mercy and I know that He loves seeing me happy. I know that when we rejoice, He rejoices with us. He loves gifting us and honoring us.
And all of this happened because I dared to say YES to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment