Friday, December 28, 2012

Who are you?

Do you know your worth?
I didn't used to understand what that fully meant. And so I didn't know my worth. Not for a long time.
I let other people and things define it. Mostly people.
That small void, that small gap that cries out to be loved....screamed inside of me day after day. I tried to fill it. I really did.
Nothing seemed to work.
Sometimes it would seem that I was heading in the right direction and then I would fall off the beaten path once more and forget my worth. I would forget how much my Father loved me. How I AM His child. And I AM an heir to the throne.
It wasn't until just recently that I redefined my worth once more. I need a constant reminder of what I mean to my King. That nobody and nothing should define me. That only He can fill that void.
If I'm going to let worldly things and people try to fill His place, then I've got a problem bigger than myself.
I AM the King's Daughter.
I WILL NOT be shaken.
I AM beautiful and unique.
And I WILL NOT be told otherwise.
Because my Father LOVES ME.

I hope you find some encouragement in this and this is a reminder that you cannot be shaken. That you are loved beyond measure and you are an heir to the throne of the Universe. Do not forget that.

"Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
1 Peter 3:4 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment